Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Joe I's 2R O-Scale PRR Layout

John Dunn and Rich Yoder presented me the opportunity to go see an amazing 2R layout one night after the York TCA Show.

I had seen Joe before at shows, but never knew who he is or what he modeled.  I must say the man is an amazing modeler, extremely sharp, and knows a lot about the history of everything he models on his layout.  It doesn't hurt that he used to be a former tower operator for many years.

I was very impressed.  He was extremely generous with his time and his knowledge.  I learned a lot and hope to incorporate some of the skills he said he used into some future projects.  He is the first to make me think using brick paper is okay.

I had permission to take photos.  He is very humble, not thinking his layout was magazine-worthy, but a magazine should definitely look into getting his story into print, to engrave his work into "stone".

Also something of interesting note...he likes it simple...so everything is straight DC.

I took a million photos.  Blogger isn't great about how it orders the photos when it inserts them in a post...so I will just post them all...and they may be out of order thanks to Google Blogger.  Not worth my time to fix it.
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment