Thursday, May 25, 2017

April Project Month - Part3: SCL SD45 2004

As already discussed in my blog, I had done up units 2000 and 2010 for my dad previously.  I located and got my dad unit 2004 as a surprise.  I was able to match the weathering exactly, despite not writing down what I used.  I also fixed the numberboards and made sure to paint the LEDs with tamiya translucent orange to get rid of the bright-white LEDs that are not prototypical for the 1970s.

Some photos of the weathering job, where the shells are pan pasteled lightly, and the underframe area has typical roadgrime as shown in pictures.  I left the snowplow off this one, but SCL did run these with snowplows in winter time.

This time around, I also noticed that MTH totally botched the font of SCL on the side of the units.  Oh well.  Not fixing that one.






No comments:

Post a Comment