Monday, December 4, 2023

OMI O-scale Southern Railway Scale Test Car

Wanted to share some work I did to try to model a scale test car related to Southern based on one type.


It's not perfect, but close enough for my needs.  I drew the decals needed based off this photo:



Other than styrene used for the ACI plate, the rest of the car is an Overland Models, Inc. (OMI) Baldwin Scale Test Car with Vertical Brake.  Plastic Kadee couplers were used and had to be heavily sanded to get it to fit the existing coupler box. After primer, it was painted Polly Scale Acrylic Reefer Orange.








Weathering was a mix of acrylic paint and pan pastels.


Looking back on it, the decals maybe should have been black and not a dark turquoise.  On deeper review, I believe the black is heavily faded and not green in the photo. Oops. Maybe I'll fix it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment