Thursday, August 30, 2018

My O Scale National Convention Clinic Slides

For those who couldn't make my hour long presentation, I am putting these slides here.

It's more my research methodology and resources for detailing my models, than actual step by step instructions on how to use a pinvise to drill a hole to put a brass casting in a model.  Researching and getting the materials you need are often more work than the modeling itself.

Those looking for how-to's on pinvises, airbrushing, etc, can find those kind of techniques in the many pages of O Scale Trains (OST), Railroad Model Craftsman (RMC), O Scale Resource (OSR), etc.  There are also other one-off model build instructions floating around out there.  Bob Harpe, who is an expert HO model builder that models Southern Railway, also has very nice PDF's floating around of techniques on how to add detail parts themselves to models.

Perhaps at some date, I can put together a culmination of various build photos together going over various techniques for putting detail parts themselves on models.

1 comment:

  1. David,
    Excellent work and thanks for posting on-line as I did not get to your presentation at the convention in Rockville. I am one that can really appreciate the R&D that has to go into accurately depicting a prototype from my own experience. Once done the model really stands out from all others on the layout that are not customized. Your work can help many other modelers with this recipe.
    JohnW
    CGW

    ReplyDelete