Friday, February 23, 2018

First Video of the Southern Railway Piedmont Division



Description from the youtube page:
This is the inaugural run of the Southern Railway Piedmont Division.

The video shows a freight train made up of various rolling stock made by MTH, Lionel, AtlasO, and Weaver. Looks like I need to fix one of my curves.

The locomotive is a 3rd Rail/Sunset Models SD9, super-detailed and weathered for roughly 1970. The decoder is a Loksound L V4.0 select running the 16cyl 567C Full Throttle Sound File. A lot of tweaking still needs to be done in regards to headlight intensity, auto-notch increments, and volume control. The horns on this brand really aren't loud enough, when they should be louder than the prime mover.

Track is AtlasO.

DCC is Digitrax. (Though once I start consisting, I may want to move to either NCE or ECoS, since I read Digitrax doesn't do it well.)

Video camera is a GoPro HERO+ set at 1080P60 settings, but apparently the room isn't lit (I'm blaming the lighting, but I am not 100% sure.) enough to get the best quality. The GoPro takes very nice video outside. Somewhat disappointing in that I can't get the same quality inside. I tried a Sony HDR-AS10 and it did worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment